Monday, May 12, 2008

Knots in My Yo-Yo String!


Okay, so my teacher read it to as. It was the autobiography of Jerry Spinelli and it was simply riveting. His life is more interesting than I thought (This might only be because my teacher read it to me)! It talks about his girlfriends, the sports he played,the Hokey Pokey man, and much more. My favorite chapter was the one named "When I became king" . It really sketches a picture in my mind of the splendor he had as prom king with his lovely girlfriend, Julie at his side and all the intellectual glory he snagged as valedictorian. Jerry Spinelli's childhood was amazing and so were his teens even though he eventually lost all his teenhood glory. He did later recover that glory in his adult life by publishing his first book Milkweed. Jerry's books always inhabit many of his life expieriences and that makes his literature a joy to read because you know there's something real in there and that it's not all fake. Jerry always I give it an 8 out of 10. I recommend you read it or have your teacher read it to you.

No comments: