Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stargirl!!!



So I had to read this book for a school author study that we were doing and not only did I love it, but I worship it(okay that might be a little over the top). This book is about a unusual girl named Susan Caraway who calls her self Stargirl. At first everybody was really creeped out by her partly because she knew everybody's name and birth date and she sang everybody "Happy Birthday" on their birthday and she had the strangest sense of style that anyone had ever seen before. Then gradually she becomes accepted and also becomes a cheerleader. Then she becomes Leo Borlock's girlfriend and she shows him really amazing things! They become serious lovers that everybody hates. Then Leo persuades her to become normal because everybody hates them and then there's some serious drama in the story and Stargirl moves away. Overall this book gets a 9 out of 10! I also found out that Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount are going to make the book into a movie and I can't wait!!! See Ya!!!!!!!

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

Stargirl is one of my all-time favorite books. i'm glad you liked it too! i read the recent sequel Love, Stargirl a few months ago - not as good as the original, but definitely worth reading.

Abby O. said...

I totally agree.I read both books,but Love,Stargirl just didn't meet my standards.